FedEx Ground "96" Barcode
Also known as FedEx 96 Barcode, FedEx Ground "96" UCC/EAN-128, "96" Barcode
The primary bar code used as part of the FedEx Ground bar code strategy is a UCC/EAN Code 128 symbol. It is referred to as the "96" bar code because it always begins with a "96". The data content of the FedEx Ground "96" UCC/EAN Code 128 barcode is as specified below:
- Application Identifier (AI): 2-digit number that identifies the barcode as a shipping label. In this case the Application Identifier is "96".
- Serial Container Numeric Code (SCNC): 2-digit (11, 12, 13) that identifies the carrier as "FedEx Ground".
- Class of Service: 3-digit number used to identify the FedEx Ground class of service.
- FedEx Ground Shipper ID: 7-digit unique shipper identification number.
- Package Number: 7-digit package serial number.
- Modulus 10 Check digit: It is a digit added at the end of a sequence of numbers that validates the authenticity of the number. It can be automatically calculated and encoded by Barcode Professional if needed.
Sample of a FedEx Ground 96 Barcode
How to create FedEx Ground 96 barcodes using Barcode Professional
Note: Please refer to the Class Reference documentation for more information about the properties and methods stated in this document.
In order to get a FedEx Ground 96 barcode image, please follow these steps:
- Set the Symbology property to FedExGround96
- Setting up dimensions and quiet zones:
- Set the BarWidth property to a value ranging from 0.017 to 0.019 (Values are expressed in Inches)
- Set the BarHeight property (Values are expressed in Inches)
- Set the QuietZoneWidth property to a value 10 times the BarWidth value (Value is expressed in Inches)
- Set the TopMargin and BottomMargin properties to 0.1 (Values are expressed in Inches)
- Set the Code property with the value to encode. It must begin with "96" followed by 19 or 20 digits
Example of FedEx Ground 96 barcode images
Code property = 9611804027471600040302 will produce the following barcode image: