Kodak Patch Code Information
Also known as Kodak Code, Kodak Path Barcode
Kodak Patch Code Information is a pattern of parallel, alternating black bars and spaces that is printed on a document. Kodak INnovation Series Scanners which have patch reading capability can recognize patch documents and automatically assign a document image level, increment the document image address, or perform "Color on the Fly" functionality.
Kodak Patch Code provides six different patterns:
- Patch 2: Assigns image level 2 to the current document.
- Patch 3: Assigns image level 3 to the current document.
- Patch T / Transfer Patch: Assigns a predefined image level to the next document. The predefined image level is based upon the transfer patch definition which is defined for each application during installation. For example, if the transfer patch definition defined for the current mode is image level 2, then use of a transfer patch assigns image level 2 to the next document.
The next Patch Types (1, 4 and 6) can be used by the host for post-scan image control for the i800 Series Scanners (they are not used for image addressing). The Toggle Patch may be used to switch back and forth from bi-tonal and color scanning for the i280, 3590C
Scanners and the i600 and i800 Series Scanners. This provides Color on the Fly during capture, with no need for post-scan processing by the host application.
- Patch 1
- Patch 4 / Toggle Patch
- Patch 6
How to create Kodak Patch Code Information barcodes using Barcode Professional
Note: Please refer to the Class Reference documentation for more information about the properties and methods stated in this document.
In order to get a Kodak Patch Code barcode image, please follow these steps:
- Set the Symbology property to KodakPatchCode
- Set the Code property with the Patch Code type which must be an integer number ranging from 1 to 6 based on the following:
- For Patch 2, specify "2"
- For Patch 3, specify "3"
- For Patch T / Transfer Patch, specify "5"
- For Patch 1, specify "1"
- For Patch 4 / Toggle Patch, specify "4"
- For Patch 6, specify "6"
- Setting up dimensions and quiet zones:
- Set the BarWidth property to 0.08 (+/-) 0.01 (Value is expressed in Inches)
- Set the BarRatio property to 2.5
- Set the BarHeight property to 0.75 (Value is expressed in Inches)
- Set the QuietZoneWidth property (Value is expressed in Inches)
- Set the TopMargin and BottomMargin properties (Values are expressed in Inches)
Example of Kodak Patch Code barcode image
Code property = 2 will produce the following barcode image for Kodak Patch 2 Code: