Barcode DLL License Registration
There are two ways to set up the license information:
License settings on a per-Report basis
If you're using Barcode DLL, then you must to set up the license properties into each VB.NET functions of your report that is using an instance of Barcode Professional. For instance, in the following snipped code we're supposing you have a report which contains a VB.NET function into the Code section that uses Barcode Professional. Please take a look at how the license info must be set to the LicenseOwner and LicenseKey properties.
Please, keep in mind that the license info is case-sensitive!
Remember that if you had more that one function in the same report using Barcode Professional, then you must to set up the license properties into each of them.
Public Function GetBarcode(ByVal code As String) As Byte() 'Set the license information objBarcode.LicenseOwner = "THE LICENSE OWNER" objBarcode.LicenseKey = "THE LICENSE KEY" 'Set the value to encode objBarcode.Code = code ... 'Generate the barcode image Return objBarcode.GetBarcodeImage() End Function
That's it! After you've set up these properties the TRIAL legend should disappear from the barcode image, indicating that your copy was successfully registered as a licensed version.
License settings on a per-Server basis
This method is NOT always possible to use depending on some security context set up on your server. That means that if you after following the steps stated below you cannot get it to rid of the TRIAL legend on barcodes, then you should go for the first approach i.e. License settings on a per-Report basis
Open any text editor like NotePad and copy/paste the following content:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <NeodynamicBarcodeReportItem> <LicenseInfo LicenseOwner="THE-LICENSE-OWNER-GOES-HERE" LicenseKey="THE-LICENSE-KEY-GOES-HERE" /> </NeodynamicBarcodeReportItem>
Replace the LicenseOwner="THE-LICENSE-OWNER-GOES-HERE" and LicenseKey="THE-LICENSE-KEY-GOES-HERE" with the License Info you received from us when purchasing a lic and then Save this file naming it as Neodynamic.ReportingServices.Barcode.LIC
Copy the Neodynamic.ReportingServices.Barcode.LIC file to the following folder depending on the SSRS version you have there:
- For SSRS 2017 the folder is located at [Program Files]\Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services\SSRS\ReportServer\bin\
- For SSRS 2016 the folder is located at [MSSQLServerInstallDir]\MSRS13.x\Reporting Services\ReportServer\bin\
- For SSRS 2014 the folder is located at [MSSQLServerInstallDir]\MSRS12.x\Reporting Services\ReportServer\bin\
- For SSRS 2012 the folder is located at [MSSQLServerInstallDir]\MSRS11.x\Reporting Services\ReportServer\bin\
- For SSRS 2008/R2 the folder is located at [MSSQLServerInstallDir]\MSRS10.x\Reporting Services\ReportServer\bin\
- For SSRS 2005 the folder is located at [MSSQLServerInstallDir]\MSSQL.x\Reporting Services\ReportServer\bin\
Copy the Neodynamic.ReportingServices.Barcode.LIC file to [Program Files]\Neodynamic\Licenses\BarcodeProSSRS100\
In the dev machine where you installed and configured the Barcode DLL, copy the Neodynamic.ReportingServices.Barcode.LIC file to the following folder depending on the Visual Studio (or SSDT or BIDS) version you have there:
- For VS2017 the folder is located at [VSInstallDir]\Common7\IDE\CommonExtensions\Microsoft\SSRS or [VSInstallDir]\Common7\IDE\CommonExtensions\Microsoft\SSDTRS
- For VS2015/VS2013/VS2012/VS2010/VS2008/VS2005 the folder is located at [VSInstallDir]\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies