JSPrintManager App (JSPM) Configuration for Windows Kiosk Mode Printing
You have created a website and it leverages on JSPrintManager for printing raw commands and known file formats to the client printers and now, you want to use it in Windows Kiosk Mode. To make JSPrintManager App (JSPM) to run in Windows Kiosk Mode, a couple of simple configuration steps are required.
Only a licensed copy of JSPrintManager can be configured in Windows Kiosk Mode. Eval version cannot be configured for this scenario!
1. Prepare a Windows User Account for Kiosk Mode
In this article we'll use our JSPrintManager online demo //jsprintmanager.azurewebsites.net in Windows Kiosk Mode. All the steps that refer to this sample website must be replaced by your own target website!
- Inside an Administrator Windows account, add a new Standard User account that will be used for Kiosk mode. We'll name it
- Switch to that new
KioskUser account and start a new session.
KioskUser session, open any available web browser (Edge, Chrome, etc.) and download and install JSPrintManager App (JSPM)
- Now switch back to the Administrator Windows account and browse to the target website, in our case, to our online demo //jsprintmanager.azurewebsites.net
- The very first time the browser hits the website and this makes use of JSPrintManager code, then the following dialog will be displayed. It's mandatory you check the option "Don't ask again for this site". Finally, click on Allow button.
2. Creating a Windows Kiosk Mode session
- Once the steps above are complete, and being under an Administrator Account session, please `Set up a Kiosk`. Look at the web for the required steps depending on your Windows version.
- Select the user account
KioskUser created above for the Kiosk Mode.
- Finally select the browser (like Edge) and set the URL to //jsprintmanager.azurewebsites.net. Remember this URL will be your target website in your case.
That's it! JSPrintManager should work flawlessly in Windows Kiosk Mode.